Port of Caio, a catalyst for increasing economic prosperity and job creation.
Construction of the Port of Caio will be conducted in accordance with the Government of Angola‘s plans to both construct and improve existing infrastructure within the region and contribute to the continued growth and diversification of Cabinda’s economic base.
The Port of Caio will undoubtedly generate significant value for the Province of Cabinda, Angola, and beyond becoming an important strategic asset to the Government of Angola. Such benefits will include:
- A substantial boost in local job creation, with approximately up to 1,600 direct jobs for the operation of the port, creating a potential of 30,000 indirect jobs
- Significant job creation, reducing the unemployment rate to ca. 16% from current level
- Providing additional export channels to Angola’s booming oil and gas sectors and alleviating congestion in regional ports
- Increase of international trade and commerce opportunities, diversifying exports through economically feasible exploration of abundant resources
- Positive economic impact of up to 20% of Cabinda GDP
- Further enable local economic growth initiatives in Cabinda such as the Fútila Industrial Park
- Promotion of the Province of Cabinda, stimulating local commerce and creating new opportunities for investment and growth
- Reduction of logistic costs leading to a decrease of prices of goods (and cost of living), and hence diminishing poverty and inequality and improving access to healthcare and education