Recruitment Fraud Warning
There have been instances of fraudulent calls and job offers, misrepresenting Port of Caio. These are false offers of employment requesting personal information or payment to process a job application. Such scams are intended to steal from the victims. Please be advised that during the recruitment process, Port of Caio, its’ affiliates and other entities hired by Port of Caio will never solicit money from applicants under any circumstances. If you have received any offer that purports to be from Port of Caio and requires payment, these offers are fraudulent and are not from Port of Caio or its’ subsidiaries.
By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid, and ultimately prevent, unsuspecting individuals from falling victim to similar scams.
What is Recruitment Fraud?
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated scam offering fictitious job opportunities. This type of fraud is normally perpetrated through online services such as bogus websites, or through unsolicited e-mails or phone calls claiming to be from the company. These emails request that recipients provide personal information, and ultimately payments, to process applications for jobs that do not exist.
How to recognize a fraudulent offer of employment?
- The Porto of Caio email addresses always end in “@portocaio.com.” Our recruitment department will never email you from personal email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail.
- All Port of Caio job vacancies are advertised on our official careers page on the website http://www.portocaio.com/?page_id=666
- Port of Caio will always conduct an interview process before determining a suitable candidate for a job vacancy. Therefore, offers of employment without any form of interview are most likely to be a fraudulent offer.
- Port of Caio never requests payment or fees for job applications.
- If you have never applied for a job vacancy with the Port of Caio or a reputable recruitment agency, you should be cautious of random emails offering you employment.
If you believe you have been subject to recruitment fraud, please contact Port of Caio’s team at firstname.lastname@example.org